Sunday, April 4, 2010

What have I learned?


Sunrise at Bakheng Temple


Sunset at Sihanoukville


What have I learned?

In my life:

1. I’ve learned it takes me a long time to become the person I want to be.
2. I’ve learned the best contribution I can make to humanity is to improve and develop myself.
3. I’ve learned to be a volunteer teacher; I am free to do more for my country and the people from all the working for money restraints.
4. I’ve learned my life will not go according to plan if I don't have a plan.
5. I’ve learned that I can’t pay somebody to practice for me.
6. I’ve learned to accept the injustice of life.
7. I’ve learned that if I wait until all conditions are perfect, I’ll never act.
8. I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
9. I’ve learned that it is easier to keep up than to catch up.
10. I’ve learned that I have to “BE” first before I can “DO”, and “DO” before I can “HAVE”.
11. I’ve learned that TRUST is the most important factor in both personal and professional relationship.
12. I’ve learned that kindness is the language of the dumb can speak and the deaf can hear and understand.
13. I’ve learned that making a life is more important than making a living.
14. I've learned that life sometimes gives me a second and may be a third chance.
15. I’ve learned that it is impossible to accomplish anything worthwhile without the help of others and a little luck.
16. I’ve learned what works and what is not working for me?
17. I’ve learned that no life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined
18. I’ve learned that there is always someone who cares about me.
19. I’ve learned that people treat me the way I allow them to treat me.
20. I’ve learned that I can’t please SOME people, no matter what I do.
21. I’ve learned that I should make the ‘little’ decision with my head and the ‘big’ decision with my heart.
22. I’ve learned that real teaching is not the subject I am teaching, but the people I am teaching.
23. I’ve learned to be good at kids watching.
24. I’ve learned to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
25. I’ve learned everyone can be great.
26. I’ve learned everything I teach should have a context and should be relevant.
27. I’ve learned I don’t owe the future a brighter people but I do owe our people a brighter future.
28. I’ve learned if I always do what I always did, I always get what I always got.
29. I’ve learned when there is faith there is hope.
30. I’ve learned that I shouldn’t look back except to learn.
31. I’ve learned the shortest answer is doing.
32. I’ve learned nothing great was ever achieved without endurance and enthusiasm.
33. I’ve learned to be content with I am rather than what I have.
34. I’ve learned the world will not value me until I value myself.
35. I’ve learned whatever is worth doing is worth doing it right.
36. I’ve learned that I have to do things I don’t like.
37. I’ve learned that no one is free when others are oppressed.
38. I’ve learned to oppose everything while proposing nothing is irresponsible.
39. I’ve learned if there is any peace, it will come from being, not having.
40. I’ve learned that no one can do this work for me.
41. I’ve learned the love money and material wealth is the source of all evils.
42. I’ve learned that life’s most important question is what am I doing for others?
43. I’ve learned my darkness well enough that I can sit in the darkness with others.
44. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
45. I’ve learned to live simply and humbly.
46. I’ve learned to love unconditionally.
47. I’ve learned to care deeply.
48. I’ve learned to give generously.
49. I’ve learned to speak only the truth.
50. I’ve learned to teach compassionately.
51. I’ve learned to be me because everything is taken.
52. I’ve learned that change makes all things possible.
53. I’ve learned happiness never decreased when shared.
54. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn.

No comments: